Bansko is one of the best ski resorts in Bulgaria, which presents fantastic opportunities for skiing and snowboarding. It is easy to reach, has world-class pistes and attracts many tourists.
The best part is that Bansko offers a different experience to visitors in the summer. Although there is no snow and no skiing, it still retains its unique charm. If you are wondering why you should visit a resort that is mostly known for its winter activities, read on to find more of what makes Bansko a solid pick for your summer vacation:
- Hiking – first and foremost, Bansko is a wonderland for hiking enthusiasts in the summer. The weather is fantastic and Pirin mountain, which is where Bansko is located, reveals its true beauty then. Breathtaking scenery, crystal blue lakes and many other wonders await nature lovers, who venture into the area. Have your camera with you to capture Nature’s beauty.
- Mountain biking – skiing isn’t the only sport activity you can practice in Bansko. The area presents excellent mountain biking opportunities for you to take advantage of. Even if you are no expert, you will quickly find that the area is accommodated to every skill level with its marked trails.
- Horse riding – did you know there is a horseback riding school in Bansko that operates in the summer? There are multiple riding routes that you can take with guides and teachers who will show you the basics. Marvel at the beauty of Kresna gorge as you ride along.
- Paintball – if you are here with your family and/or friends, you must not miss the chance to face off in a paintball challenge. There are a few sites available, offering different games. You can organise a special game for your company and have a teambuilding blast.
- Belitsa Sanctuary – another unique site that you can visit near Bansko is the naturally preserved territory for bears. It is a place where rehabilitated bears used in the past for performance purposes find sanctuary in an all-natural environment. It is a cool site to take your children to, where professional staff can explain more about the habits and life of Bulgarian brown bears.
- Picnic in the mountain – if you are all about a peaceful and romantic experience, why not go on a picnic in the mountain. Not only can you take your loved ones with you and have a great time, but also connect with nature.
- Enjoy a spa vacation – plenty of hotels in Bansko offer outdoor pools and spa services. You will find it very pleasant to enjoy the water in the hot Bulgarian summer. After all, swimming and relaxation with a splendid mountain view is not a likely combination.
- Festivals – if entertainment is what you are looking for, then Bansko will deliver. Few festivals take place in Bansko over spring and summer. From traditional folklore themes to theatre and jazz, you will have plenty to choose from.
Evidently, there is a lot you can do in Bansko in the summer. It is up to you to pick the activity you like most and enjoy your vacation here.
If you are on the lookout for a lovely holiday home in Bansko, be sure to check with Ski Apartments Bulgaria on +359 878 919 292.
© Ski Apartments Bulgaria